A look at what happened at the regular meeting of the board of education…
Wednesday September 26, 2018:
The meeting was called to order at 5:30 PM by President Josh Kingston. The board approved the agenda and recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
The consent agenda was approved which included the Treasurer's Report and August Minutes, as well as the bills, payroll, and witholdings in the amount of $332,168.24. The next regular board meeting is set for October 23 at 5:30 PM in the Adell Library Media Center.
No Public Comment was given.
During the Superintendent's Report, Dr. Josh Phillips highlighted the following:
- A Financial Report
- The selection of our K-3 wing to receive recognition through the Springfield Design Awards Program
- Steps being taken to rectify issues with grinder pumps associated with waste water from the new elementary addition.
- Timeline of release of 2018 Annual Progress Report data
- Safety and Security Update
- The board approved the adoption of a multitude of new policies relative to organ transplant information, procedures to mitigate electronic data breaches, transfers of care and custody, guidance and counseling services, ACT administration, inoculation of students, ADA and early childhood students, certificated staff contracts, PD, teacher post-retirement, collective bargaining, whistle blower protections, school bus driver exams, state mandated curriculum, services for students with disabilities, virtual education and prevailing wage.
- The board approved the designation of Success Coordinator, Mr. Lee Dobbs to serve as the district's official Homeless Liaison and English Language Learner Coordinator.
- The board received the Principals' report from Mr. Kolwyck and Dr. Phillips. Current enrollment for the elementary is 195 students which is an increase of 1 from last year The average daily attendance for the elementary is 97.25% which is an increase of 1% from this time last year. The current enrollment for grades 7-12 is 146 which is an increase of 8 students over last year. The average daily attendace for the high school is 95.88%. Both principals shared data relative to types of discipline incurred since last month's board meeting. Dr. Phillips discussed activities prompting critical thinking and student engagement observed in elementary classrooms. Mr. Kolwyck highlighted the Year 2 & 3 focus of our Professional Learning Communities and discussed the status of Success Focus Explore (SFE) program. Dr. Phillips highlighted a recent event held at Bass Pro Shops and both principals discussed upcoming events. The district is preparing for the Fall Carnival which will be held on Saturday October 20th from 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM. The district is grateful to the many patrons for a multitude of donations! The district is also highly appreciative of the time and effort of our hard working PTO!
The regular board meeting was adjourned at 6:30 PM and the board went directly into closed session.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:00 PM.
Empowering life-long innovative learners to be responsible citizens: equipped for success in an ever-changing world.