- A Financial Report
- The district is taking bids to hang two new basketball goals in the main gymnasium. These goals will replace the technology installed in the early 1970's. The new goals would have a feature to be automatically adjusted from 8' to 10'. The district is also taking bids to move the old goals to the auxillary gym.
- The high school landscaping class is working on a project to add various trees, shrubs and plants at the Ball Field Complex on Hwy 73.
- Nine seniors will embark on the annual senior trip on Sunday April 28th. The group will fly from Springfield to St. Petersburg, FL where they will spend time swimming, snorkeling, fishing and sightseeing.
- The board heard and approved the Title 1 Program Review as presented by Title 1 Director, Mrs. Pam Derks.
- The board received the Principals' report from Mr. Kolwyck and Dr. Phillips.
Students who earned Pirate Pride and the Elks Lodge Character Awards were celebrated. Current enrollment for the elementary is 196 students which is a decrease of 4 from last month. The average daily attendance for the elementary for the month of February was 96.03% % which is an increase of 4.69% over last month. The enrollment for grades 7-12 is 141 which is an increase of 3. The average daily attendance for the high school was 94.83% or .2% over last month%. Both principals shared data relative to types of discipline incurred since last month's board meeting as well as many student accomplishments (all of which are highlighted in the Live Feed and News Feed on the district's website. The last month of the school year is always very busy. The principals shared about upcoming events/activities including: 1.Blood Drive – April 25th
2.FFA State – April 24th – April 26th
3.PTO Dance – April 27th
4.MAP/EOC Testing – April 29th – May 9th
5.FFA Banquet – May 2nd
6.Athletic Banquet – May 3rd
7.Track Districts – May 4th
8.9th Grade/Climax Springs - May 6th
9.8th Grade/Climax Springs – May 8th
10.Senior CPR – May 8th
11.Seniors Last Day – May 9th
12.Graduation Practice – May 9th
13.Senior Awards – May 9th (6:00 pm) 14.Graduation – May 10th (6:30 pm) 15. Baseball Districts – May 13th
16. Guest Speaker – Xabier Montez May 17th @ 9:00 am
17. Talent Show – May 17th @ 1:00 pm
18. Field Trips
8th Grade – St. Louis City Museum May 14th
9th Grade – St. Louis Six Flags May 15th (PTO)
10th Grade – St. Louis Six Flags May 15th (PTO)
Elem – May 20th
High School – May 23rd
-Finals – May 20th – May 22nd
-Class Awards – May 24th
19. LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!! – May 24th
A look at what happened at the regular meeting of the board of education…
Monday, March 19, 2019:
The meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM by President Josh Kingston. The board approved the agenda. Next the board certified the County Clerk's Election & Ballot Results which were as follows:
Next the prior board adjourned and a new board was called to order by Superintendent Josh Phillips. The new board conducted an election officers:
President - Josh Kingston
Vice President - Michael Parrack
Secretary - Stacy Trusty
Treasurer - Jim Wehmeyer
Next, board members Cheri Nations, Connie Russell, and Byron Willis joined the officers in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
The consent agenda was approved which included the Treasurer's Report and March Minutes, as well as the bills, payroll, and witholdings in the amount of $276,740.95. The next regular board meeting is set for May 23 at 6:30 PM in the Adell Library Media Center.
No public comment was given.
During the Superintendent's Report, Dr. Josh Phillips highlighted the following:
The regular board meeting was adjourned at 7:50 PM and the board went directly into closed session.
The Macks Creek R-V School District rehired classified employees for the 2019-2020 school year. The board also voted hire Mr. Craig Knutter to serve as our K-12 Counselor, Mrs. Allysa Chambers to serve as our High School Math Teacher, Mrs. Paige Alexander to serve as our High School PE Teacher and Mrs. Melissa Janke to serve as our High School History Teacher. The board is excited to welcome Mr. Knutter, Mrs. Chambers and Mrs. Alexander to Macks Creek. The board is also excited that Mrs. Janke, a Macks Creek alumnus, will now be serving our district as a teacher. Lastly the board approved extra-duty contracts for the 2019-2020 school year.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:04 PM.
Empowering life-long innovative learners to be responsible citizens: equipped for success in an ever-changing world.