- A Financial Report
- Dr. Phillips showed the board the high school hallway and classrooms where the custodial staff have removed tile and polished the concrete. He also showed the board the new in-school suspension room and the high school gymnasium floor which was recently refinished. The board appreciates our summer staff for their hard work and attention to detail!
- The middle and high school boys and girls basketball teams have been busy playing summer ball at various area tournaments. Coach Long and Coach Duggan are excited about the prospects for this year's regular season. The HS boys' team participated in the Tri-Lakes shootout in Branson which included three days filled with basketball games.
- The Middle and High School Cheerleaders recently participated in a cheer camp in conjunction with Missouri State University.
- The district is currently observing an all sports "dead week" in accordance with MSHSAA guidelines which will end on July 28th. There is also an upcoming "no-contact" period for all fall sports which will be observed August 4th - 11th. An additional no-contact period for Junior High sports and cheerleading will be observed August 11th - 18th.
- Dr. Phillips shared information about many activities relative to the start of school. The school calendar is available on the home page of the district's website and through the Macks Creek School App.
- The district will have the grinder pumps, which service the K-3 wing repaired, early next month.
- The installation of new basketball goals may occur after the start of school but in plenty of time for the start of the junior high basketball season.
- The school board discussed and approved changes to the elementary and high school student handbooks as well as the athletic handbook. Updated handbooks will be available for review on the district website and through the Macks Creek School App early next month.
- The board of education approved a conflict of interest ordinance as required by Missouri State statutes.
A look at what happened at the regular meeting of the board of education…
Monday, July 22, 2019:
The meeting was called to order at 5:30 PM by President Josh Kingston. The board approved the agenda.
The consent agenda was approved which included the Treasurer's Report and June Minutes, as well as the bills, payroll, and witholdings in the amount of $311,614.86. This month's bills included the purchase of a new school bus and new PreK through 12th grade mathematics curriculum. The Annual August Tax Rate Hearing is set for August 22, 2019 at 5:30 PM in the Adell Library Media Center. The regular August board meeting will immediately follow the tax rate hearing.
No public comment was given.
During the Superintendent's Report, Dr. Josh Phillips highlighted the following:
The regular board meeting was adjourned at 6:00 PM and the board went directly into closed session.
The board voted to hire Mr. Eric Hoover as a full-time evening custodian. Mr. Hoover has served the district as a part-time custodian and school bus driver. He will continue to serve as bus driver and assume the responsibilities of evening custodian.
Mr. Hoover will fill the vacancy created by the sudden passing of Mr. Don Woodall last month. Mr. Woodall served Macks Creek School as our evening elementary custodian for six years. Don was a hard worker and very kind hearted. Everyone at Macks Creek School will miss his jovial attitude and visiting with him as he made his rounds through the elementary school every afternoon. Don, who was 59 years old, is survived by his mother and four siblings. He enjoyed kayaking and restoring old automobiles and watercraft including a two-seater jet boat. One of his favorite things to do was to ride in the jet boat on Lake Pomme de Terre near his home in Hermitage. Don liked visiting with other boaters about the vintage boat which was very fast and unique. Our district is grateful to Don for his service to our school and friendship.
Empowering life-long innovative learners to be responsible citizens: equipped for success in an ever-changing world.