FFAis a dynamic youth organization that changes lives and prepares members for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
FFA develops members’ potential and helps them discover their talent through hands-on experiences, which give members the tools to achieve real-world success.
Members are future chemists, veterinarians, government officials, entrepreneurs, bankers, international business leaders, teachers and premier professionals in many career fields.
FFA is an intracurricular student organization for those interested in agriculture and leadership. It is one of the three components ofagricultural education.
The official name of the organization is theNational FFA Organization. The letters “FFA” stand for Future Farmers of America. These letters are a part of our history and our heritage that will never change.
FFA Mission and Motto
FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
To accomplish its mission, FFA:
- Develops competent and assertive agricultural leadership.
- Increases awareness of the global and technological importance of agriculture and its contribution to our well-being.
- Strengthens the confidence of agriculture students in themselves and their work.
- Promotes the intelligent choice and establishment of an agricultural career.
- Encourages achievement in supervised agricultural experience programs.
- Encourages wise management of economic, environmental and human resources of the community.
- Develops interpersonal skills in teamwork, communications, human relations and social interaction.
- Builds character and promotes citizenship, volunteerism and patriotism.
- Promotes cooperation and cooperative attitudes among all people.
- Promotes healthy lifestyles.
- Encourages excellence in scholarship.
The FFA motto gives members 12 short words to live by as they experience the opportunities in the organization.
Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve.
FFA Code of Ethics
FFA members conduct themselves at all times to be a credit to their organization, chapter, school, community and family. FFA members pledge to:
- Develop my potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success.
- Make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- Dress neatly and appropriately for the occasion.
- Respect the rights of others and their property.
- Be courteous, honest and fair with others.
- Communicate in an appropriate, purposeful and positive manner.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship by being modest in winning and generous in defeat.
- Make myself aware of FFA programs and activities and be an active participant.
- Conduct and value a supervised agricultural experience program.
- Strive to establish and enhance my skills through agricultural education in order to enter a successful career.
- Appreciate and promote diversity in our organization.
Adopted by the Delegates at the 1952 National FFA Convention. Revised by the Delegates at the 1995 National FFA Convention.
Macks Creek FFA Students Attend the 91st FFA Convention & Expo
Six Macks Creek FFA members are in Indianapolis at the 91st National FFA Convention & Expo. They have joined 67,000 other blue jackets at the Indiana Convention Center and several other venues. So far the group has toured Hilltop Orchids in Greencastle, IN and attended a Garth Brooks concert held exclusively for FFA members. The group will spend the next couple of days participating in all of the convention activities and taking in all the sites within the convention center. President Donald Trump will deliver the keynote address on Saturday.
orchid Hills, Greencastle, IN
Orchid HiLLS, Greencastle, IN
Inside the ORchid Lab at Orchid Hills In Greencastle, IN