Important FAFSA Information:
- Students can begin filling out the FAFSA on October 1st each year.
- In order to be eligible for Missouri ACCESS grants, students must complete the FAFSA by February 1st.
- The FAFSA will require parent and student tax information from the prior year.
- Plan to complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov, as it reduces errors.
- To submit the FAFSA online, you and your parent need to apply for an FSA ID before completing the FAFSA. Go to https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm.
- Be prepared to have the following items [for you and your parent(s), if applicable] on hand when you complete the FAFSA:
- Income tax return
- W-2 forms and other records of money earned
- Records of untaxed income (e.g., Social Security benefits)
- Current bank statements
- Business and farm records
- Records of investments
- Drivers licenses and Social Security cards
- Dates of birth
- Answer all questions (even if you need to estimate).
- List the colleges you’re considering attending.
- Student Aid on the Web—planning for college,paying for college, and repaying student loans: www.FederalStudentAid.ed.gov
- FAFSA4casterSM—early estimate of aid eligibility:www.fafsa4caster.ed.gov