FERPA Educational Rights to Annual Notification
Each year the Macks Creek R-V School District is required to give notice of the various rights accorded to parents or students pursuant to the Family Educational Rights and privacy Act (FERPA). Parents and students have a right to be notified and informed. In accordance with FERPA, you are notified of the following:
- RIGHT TO INSPECT: You have the right to review and inspect substantially all of your educational records maintained by or at this institution.
- RIGHT TO PREVENT DISCLOSURES: You have the right to prevent disclosure of education records to third parties with certain limited exceptions. It is the intent of this institution to limit the disclosure of information contained in your education records to those instances when prior written consent has been given to the disclosure, as an item of directory information of which you have not refused to permit disclosure, or under the provisions of FERPA which allow disclosure without prior written consent.
- RIGHT TO REQUEST AMENDMENT: You have the right to seek to have corrected any parts of an education record which you believe to be inaccurate, misleading or otherwise in violation of your rights. This right includes the right to a hearing to present evidence that the record should be changed if this institution decides not to alter the education records according to your request.
- RIGHT TO COMPLAIN TO FERPA OFFICE: You have the right to file a complaint with the Family Policy Compliance Office, U.S. Department of Education, Washington, D.C. 20202-4605, concerning the Macks Creek R-V School District’s failure to comply with FERPA.
- RIGHT TO OBTAIN POLICY: You have the right to obtain a copy of the written policy adopted by the Board of Education of the Macks Creek R-V School District in compliance with FERPA. A copy may be obtained in person or by mail from: Dr. Joshua Phillips, Superintendent, Custodian of Records, 245 State Road N, Macks Creek MO 65786.