Macks Creek High School Graduation Requirements
To graduate from Macks Creek High School, students must earn units of credit in the following categories:
Students must pass the following courses to graduate from Macks Creek High School:
- Algebra I-9th grade/10th grade
- Physical Science-9th grade
- American History-9th grade
- Business Technology-9th grade
- Health-9th grade
- Personal Finance-10th grade
- Biology -10th grade
- American Government -11th grade
Students who have met all graduation requirements by the first semester of their senior year may apply for early graduation in order to start college, join the military, or enter the workforce. There are some important factors to consider when making the decision to graduate early:
- Early graduates can still walk on stage during the spring graduation ceremony.
- A+ eligible early graduates can begin using their A+ scholarship for the spring semester at a qualifying college.
- Early graduates may not be eligible for scholarships offered their senior year.
- Early graduates forfeit their chance to go on the senior trip and to go to prom.
If you are interested in graduating early, you will need to work with Ms. Eidson to make sure you meet the graduation requirements.
- Sign a written agreement with Macks Creek R-V
- Attend an A+ designated school for three consecutive years
- Graduate from high school with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Have 95% or higher attendance record for the four years of high school
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring/mentoring of younger students
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and abstain from the unlawful use of drugs and alcohol
- Students graduating in must score advanced or proficient on the Algebra I EOC or alternative assessment.
- Make a good faith effort to secure all available federal financial assistance funds that do not require repayment
- Register for the draft (males)
Juniors and/or seniors who are eligible for A+ need to enroll in A+ Cadet Teaching to fulfill the 50 hour tutoring requirement.
School Flex Program Guidelines
Senate Bill 291 (2009) establishes the “School Flex Program” which allows eligible students to pursue a timely graduation from high school while simultaneously attending post-secondary school or working in an area aligned with the student’s academic plan (personal plan of study).“Eligible students” include students in grades eleven or twelve who have been identified by a student’s principal and the student’s parent or guardian as someone who would benefit by participating in the School Flex Program.An eligible student who participates in a School Flex Program shall attend school a minimum of two instructional hours per school day within the district of residence; pursue a timely graduation; provide evidence of college or career technical career education enrollment and attendance, or proof of employment and labor that is aligned with the student’s career academic plan (personal plan of study) which has been developed by the school district; refrain from being expelled or suspended while participating in the program; pursue course and credit requirements for a diploma; and maintain a ninety-five percent attendance rate.
Juniors and/or seniors who are eligible for the School Flex Program must complete 5 hours of work per week for each hour they are enrolled in the Career Exploration Internship class.
Dual Credit Enrollment
Sophomores, Juniors and/or seniors who have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher are eligible to enroll in dual credit courses.
Lake Career and Technical Center Classes
Juniors and/or seniors who are taking classes at LCTC will attend those classes 1st – 4th periods.Enrollment is due at the beginning of March.
- Digital Media Production & Video Editing
- Health Science
- Allied Health Career Development & Human Diseases & Conditions
- Culinary Arts
- Advanced Crime Scene Investigation/Law Enforcement
- Automotive Technology
- Building Trades
- Collision Repair Technology
- Computer Repair & Game Design
- Marine Power & Extreme Sports Technology
- Welding & Machine Tool