Macks Creek R-V School was awarded an A+ Schools grant in 1999 and received A+ designation in the spring of 2002. The class of 2002 was the first group of seniors to be eligible to receive two full years (six semesters) of tuition paid to a public Missouri community college or public vocational/technical school of their choice. This funding is always dependent upon Macks Creek R-V maintaining A+ status and the availability of state appropriations from the Missouri General Assembly to support the A+ financial incentives.
To be eligible for A+ benefits, a student must:
- Sign a written agreement with Macks Creek R-V
- Attend Macks Creek High School or another A+ designated high school for three consecutive years.
- Graduate from high school with a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Have 95% or higher attendance record for the four years of high school.
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring/mentoring of younger students.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoidance of the unlawful use of drugs and alcohol.
- Make a good-faith effort to secure all available federal financial assistance funds that do not require repayment (complete the FAFSA).
- Register for the Selective Services (if male).
- Score Advanced or Proficient on the Algebra I EOC. The Missouri Department of Higher Education (MDHE) can choose scores from other assessments as alternatives. See Ms. Eidson for further information.
See documents below for a list of A+ Colleges and colleges that offer scholarships for students who qualify for A+. (Courtesy of Ashley Moyer, Ed.D., A+ Coordinator/Science Teacher, Clever High School.)